We have significant experience in explaining the dynamics affecting food pricing along supply chains and interpreting the dynamics affecting value capture across agrifood categories – such as meat, dairy, horticulture, grains and oilseeds, and processed foods.
Key features include:
- Mapping the drivers of volume and value along agrifood supply chains and key cost drivers
- Accessing credible, like-for-like data on price points along supply chains
- Assessing relationships between retail and farmgate prices – analysing impact of trade, consumer preferences, retailer strategies, cost structures and supply chain structures
- Assessing the relative transparency of pricing information for participants
- Benchmarking comparable farmgate and manufacturing pricing in specific commodity sectors, using customised tools